Lua Quick Reference is a newly published book on Lua that is now available for order! Please visit https://foicica.com/lua for more information, including links for ordering the e-book and/or print book, as well as a free excerpt from the book. For convenience, the book's description is reproduced below.
Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. This quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program in and embed Lua, whether it is Lua 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. This book can even be used with LuaJIT, a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua based on Lua 5.1. Lua Quick Reference groups the language's features and C API in a convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking the differences between Lua versions.
This book covers:
- Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
- Metatables and metamethods
- Object-oriented programming with Lua
- Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
- Lua's standard library and its C API
- Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
- How to embed and use Lua within a host
- And much more