Lua Quick Reference is a new book on Lua that is now available for pre-order at https://foicica.com/lua. It is slated for publication in early July, 2017. The linked website includes an excerpt from the book and has some additional information. For convenience, the book's description is reproduced below.
Lua is a small, fast, powerful, and embeddable scripting language. It is well-suited for use in video games, application scripting, embedded devices, and nearly anywhere else a scripting language is needed. This quick reference contains a wealth of knowledge on how to program and embed Lua, whether it is Lua 5.3, 5.2, or 5.1. It groups the language's features and C API in a convenient and easy-to-use manner, while clearly marking the differences between Lua versions.
This book covers:
- Lua syntax, expressions, and statements
- Metatables and metamethods
- Object-oriented programming with Lua
- Creating and working with Lua and C Modules
- Lua's standard library and its C API
- Collaborative multi-threading in Lua and C
- How to embed and use Lua within a host
- And much more